Accidentally deleting files or folders is something we all have been through, and it is not desirable. This can cause heavy losses to the users, be it in households or office premises. A solution to avoid such adverse situations is making folders and files undeletable. If you also want to save your data from getting accidentally deleted, then you are on the right post. Read the blog and follow the instructions to make the folders and files undeletable in Windows 10.
Ways to make Folders and Files Undeletable
- Through the folder properties
- Use of command line
- Use of freeware Prevent
This can be done by the relevant Command prompt or by changing permissions of folder or file.
- With Folder Properties
Permissions given to each folder are mostly similar or same by default, but you may change the permissions separately for each folder.
If you wish to make the folders and files undeletable with folder properties, then pursue the given instructions:
- Click on Properties after a right-click on folder or file.
- Choose the user active account in the Security option.
- Tap on Edit.
- Untick the box of Full control and Modify option below Allow. Users can also check the Deny for the Full Control option.
- Press OK to save settings.
- Use of Command Line
Changing the Folder properties is the better option to make the folder undeletable. If you want more privacy and security for the folder, then you can try to make a con folder using Command prompt. The drawback of the con folder created via Command prompt will not browse. Users can move the files using move command.
If the user wants to make using the Command line, then abide by the given steps:
- Locate Command prompt.
- Click on Run as administrator by right click on Command Prompt.
- Input the drive letter that you want to create a con folder using a colon.
- Input given command then press Enter:
- Then the con folder will be created.
How to Delete an Undeletable Folder
In case you intend to delete the undeletable folder, then go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to Command prompt.
- Open drive of an undeletable folder.
- Input the given command.
- Press Enter to act.
rd /s /q con\
This technique is for folders but not for files.
- Use the Freeware Prevent
It is free of charge software that can be used on Windows. If the users don’t want anyone to move, delete, copying, or rename the files, then it can be helpful.
Hey I am Alex Clara, a certified technical professional for Webroot with over five years of experience. If you face any issue regarding your webroot.com/safe then can help in all sorts of problem and get instant solution from Webroot Experts in a small time period.