There are hundreds of thousands of people facing problems in moving their data from Mac to Windows. If you are one of them, then there is no need to be troubled anymore. You have come to the right place, and here you can get enough knowledge to overcome your problem. So, check the listed below steps to learn how to do it.
Methods to Transfer Data from Mac to Windows
Method 1: Set up File Sharing on a Mac
- Tap on the Apple icon available on the upper-left side of the screen.
- Go to System Preferences
- Choose the Sharing option.
- Now click on the checkbox present next to the File Sharing option.
- Press the Options button, and a new window will appear on your screen.
- Enable the Share files and folders using SMB checkbox.
- Also, tick the share files and folder using the AFP checkbox.
- At last, enter the user’s password and press the Done button to confirm it.
Access Mac Files on Windows
Now, after completing the steps as mentioned above, you need to follow the following points to access the Mac on windows and share data accordingly.
- Go to the File Explorer icon and double-click to open it.
- Type the IP address like \\192.168.168 according to your system.
- By doing such, a new window will pop up on your screen asking for username and password.
- Type your credentials and hit Enter.
Method 2: Utilize a Cloud Storage Service
There are various dedicated cloudstorage applications available, like Google drive, dropbox, or One Drive. You can use any of them and overcome the issue, all you need to do is install any third-party application and upload your data on it. After doing so:
- Go to Windows.
- Open the drive.
- Download the data.
Method 3: Allocate your server
In case you have your web hosting, then it is one of the best options available. You can use it by uploading a file using FTP. Afterward, you will conveniently be able to download it back onto your other system without facing too many problems.
Method 4: Using a USB stick
A straightforward and effective way is using a USB stick. With this, you can quickly transfer data from Mac to Windows or vice-versa. Just plug in a USB flash drive in the system and choose the data you want to share. After completion of copying data in the flash drive, you need to plug it in another machine to copy the same.
Hence, use any of the methods described above and overcome your problem effortlessly.
Alex Clara is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, She has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.